Sunday, May 31, 2015

happiness and tragedy

So its been 3 days and the puppies were doing great until today.   We are loosing a puppy tonight.  It is the smallest one that's crashing, a little male puppy.  I know it happens but I am still devastated by the loss of one that seemed healthy this morning.   We tried giving fluids and glucose but to no avail.  I have lost a small puppy before but I never get used to it.  I can't sleep now and keep thinking about the little one.  At midnight he will get more fluids if he makes it until then.  Update: we lost the little boy at 1:30 am.....

On a happy note:  We believe we have found to GREAT homes for the two brothers!!  They are rambunctious as always and after spending some time with them I can't help but feel blessed we have it this good.  God is good.  My vet says you have to take good with the bad and its true.  There will always be some that don't make it and I do realize that- but its so difficult....good night all.  k



No comments:

Post a Comment